Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Beauty

I love reading what other people do for themselves in terms of beauty/skin care, so I thought I'd compile my own list. 

Cetaphil Cleanser
I truly love this cleanser, as a person with extremely sensitive skin it really is a lifesaver. I also use it to take makeup off, with a washcloth. To be honest, I don't see the point on spending a lot of money on a product which stays on your skin for about 30 seconds before you wash it off. I just want something that will clean my skin and not irritate it. 

I also make myself up a scrub with Cetaphil and bi-carb soda once a week.


Clinique City Block Sheer SPF 25
If I had to choose one product out of all the ones I use, it would be sunscreen. I live in Australia where our ozone layer is practically non-existent, and there's no way I'm getting premature wrinkles or cancer if I can help it. Plus I'm as pale as a glass of milk - damned impractical Eastern-European complexion! Definitely not the type of skin to expose to the sun for lengthy periods.

The Clinique one I put on when I'm working inside, and the Invisible Zinc when I know I'll be outdoors.

Invisible Zinc SPF 30

In my opinion, you can't go past these two sunscreens. I have tried many, and they have made me look completely oily-faced and ridiculous. You can put make-up right on top of these (give them a few minutes to absorb) and you won't look like you've been sweltering in the kitchen. 


Clinique Continuous Rescue Anti-Oxidant Moisturizer
I confess... I never used to put much faith in moisturizers. Seeing as I always wear sunscreen, I didn't see the need of adding more moisture to my face during the day, and at night I'd slap on whatever was at hand. But now I'm addicted to this, worth saving up for I think. My skin is no longer dry and doesn't get irritated when I put it on - rare indeed! 




Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse
Clinique Super Balanced Makeup
Ah foundation, necessary yet extremely difficult it seems to find the right shade! I use a mixture of the two above, but with a tinted sunscreen I don't put a lot on.  

Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner
Throw out your eye pencils - if you want a strong line that will last the day look no further! I use it in True Black, nothing beats it. Nothing!
Clinique High-Impact Mascara
Mascara was another product I didn't spend too much time thinking about, but this one doesn't clump and is easy to take off - an absolute necessity! Two coats and an eyelash curler are all you need.



I don't actually wear a lot of eyeshadow, if I go out I'll use a bright purple pigment from Inglot, but day-to-day I find the strong eyeliner and black mascara combination enough. But a golden shade from the MAC counter called Goldmine has interested me.. I'm thinking of applying it both on my upper and lower lid and finished with eyeliner. Hopefully won't look to over the top for daywear.


Lucas' Papaw Ointment
I never go anywhere without this and always have it on - nothing moisturizes my lips as well. 


Chanel Rouge Allure
I am not a fan of lipgloss. Oh I've tried and tried, but I can't get over the greasiness and the fact that a sip from a glass of water makes it necessary to reapply it. I much much prefer a lipstick - the stain, the surge of colour! I think its far far sexier and intriguing to put on lipstick with a small compact mirror than a gloss. Plus, my boy is not a fan of kissing me when I have gloss on, so I feel I can generalise and say the majority of boys will feel the same way about the stickiness factor hehe!

I do have the Chanel in No. 58 Audace, which is a bright, cool red, but am looking to buy a different, more natural-toned colour. Red lipstick does have its time and place, so my new mission is find a shade I can wear everyday, that looks similar to my natural lip colour but with a bit more 'kick'. So I will be hunting through the MAC, Clinique and of course Chanel counters to find it!



Currently, I'm using a Clinique Colour Surge Lipstick in Dreamy Pink that I've nearly finished. I've had it for such a long time that (according to clinique.com.au) its been discontinued, and the packaging has changed from pale green to silver as seen below. 



Tweezerman Tweezers 
Best tweezers in the world! Well worth the $49.95 I paid for them. Of course, mine are baby pink ;) 

s


No comments:

Post a Comment